The Scottish Government has produced a Marketing & Communications Stakeholder Toolkit for premises where there will be a requirement for attendees to have a proof of vaccination covid certification (Covid Passport) to gain entry.
From 5am on the 1st of October, COVID vaccine certificates are needed to get into the following settings in Scotland:
- late night premises with music, which serve alcohol at any time between midnight and 5 am and have a designated place for dancing for customers.
- indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
- outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
- any event with more than 10,000 people
A premises qualifies as a late night venue for the purpose of the vaccine certification scheme if it meets all of the following conditions:
- Alcohol is served at any time between midnight and 5am
- There is a dancefloor, or other designated space, for dancing by customers, and
- Live or recorded music for dancing is played
Any premises which meets all of the conditions above will be required to implement the vaccine certification scheme. This includes, for example, nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, hotels, social clubs and adult entertainment venues (this list is not exhaustive) if the premises meets the above conditions.
Everyone attending these settings and events must show they have been fully vaccinated (unless exempt) to gain entry, unless they are:
- under 18
- not able to get the vaccine for medical reasons
- participants in vaccine trials (either current or past participants)
- the person responsible for the premises
- workers or volunteers at the venue or event
- emergency services responders and regulators carrying out their work
The toolkit aims to give top line context on the Domestic Certification public information campaign which goes live on Friday 1st October. It contains a number of assets that can be used to help inform attendees that proof of their vaccination status will be required to gain entry and encourage the download of the NHS Scotland Covid Status app.
Assets included in the toolkit are:
- A3 & A4 generic posters that can be used at venues / events
- A3 & A4 promotional posters for certification that can be used in locations such as universities and colleges (we are sharing with a wide range of stakeholders, including those covering these places)
- Email copy
- Social copy + static images (jpegs)
- Privacy Notice related to the NHS Scotland Covid Checker app
Contact details are included in the toolkit should you have any questions.
For more information on the toolkit click here.