Between 22nd February and 21st April 2022, Inclusion Scotland, a national Disabled People’s Organisation, is offering free training workshops to all who work in the Tourism and Hospitality Sector in Scotland. The courses are fully funded through the Tourism Recovery Fund and supported by Skills Development Scotland and are open to all who meet following criteria:
- Age 16 and over
- Works full / part time in Scottish Hospitality or Tourism
- Resident in Scotland
Why is this training important?
There has never been a more important time for the industry to invest in its most valuable asset, its people. With Covid 19 and Brexit having a real impact on the sector’s ability to attract and retain people.The workshops will help increase your confidence and knowledge to attract, recruit and retain well qualified, motivated staff in challenging times, with practical advice and guidance to help make your business more accessible and inclusive for customers and employees alike.
Who is eligible for the training
This training is open to all employees, employers and self-employed in Tourism and Hospitality across Scotland working towards a more inclusive and accessible workplace and society.
What you get from the training
All participants will have:
- the opportunity to apply reflective practice on their own and that of their organisations culture and application in relation to their willing and effectiveness in including disabled people.
- increased confidence in their ability to provide an inclusive working environment.
- the tools to attract a wider and more diverse range of candidates to their organisation.
- increased confidence in their ability to approach and provide the right support for their employees.
- increased knowledge of services and funding to support in work reasonable adjustments.
- resources to help make their company policies and recruitment process more inclusive for all.
- a toolkit to take away and support the implementation and application of the learning.
- increased knowledge and appreciation of accessible tourism and purple pound to your organisation.
How it works
It is an online course.There will be two trainers in attendance; break-out rooms and interactive polling system Slido will also be used. It will be delivered on Zoom.
The training is delivered in two parts;Part 1:You will be introduced to some new and old concepts and provided with space to explore what they mean to you and your organisation or business.Part 2: (Takes place 1 week after the first session)It offers the opportunity to reflect on any changes, including difficulties faced in applying the learning during this time. It is packed full of practical application ideas, activities, information and guidance.
How to apply
There are 3 steps to the application process for training. These are as follows:
Step 1: Book your training slot onlineThere are 10 training slots (made up of 2 sessions) between 22nd February and 21st April 2022. Book your training
Step 2: Download and complete the training application formYou must complete and return the application form before your training date.Get the application form hereGet the equal opportunities form here
Step 3: Return completed application formPlease send your completed application form to email@example.com
For further information on the Training session, please download the promotional brochure here.
If you require assistance to fill out the form or require the form in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org