Non-Domestic Rates Government Support, the Strategic Framework Business Fund and the Restart Grants.
Retail, Hospitality, Leisure & Aviation Rates Relief.
The Scottish Government has advised that in order to qualify for the 2021/22 financial year RHLA rates relief an application form must be completed. If you wish to apply for this relief an application form must be submitted to your local authority. Please check your local council web site for more information. We have been advised that in one local council area businesses which qualify for this rates relief only have until 30th March 2021 to submit applications. In other areas, applications can be made on-line from the end of this month.
SO CHECK TODAY ON YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL WEBSITE
The Strategic Framework Business Fund (SFBF)
The Strategic Framework Business Fund (SFBF) provided grants to businesses that were required to close by law or to significantly change their operations due to COVID-19 restrictions from 2 November 2020.
If you have not already applied for this today is the last chance to do so as the fund will close to new applicants on 22 March 2021.
The final four-weekly payment will be made today and as in previous months, this will consist of:
- £2,000 for businesses with a rateable value up to £51,000
- £3,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £51,001 or above
On 19 April 2021, all businesses will receive a further combined final 2-week supplement and a one-off Restart Grant to help them reopen.
- Hospitality and leisure businesses in receipt of SFBF will be eligible for grants up to £18,000 based on rateable value:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under: £9,000 (£8,000 RG + £1,000 SFBF)
- for properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £51,000: £13,000 (£12,000 RG + £1,000 SFBF)
- for properties with a rateable value of £51,001 or over: £19,500 (£18,000 RG + £1,500 SFBF)