The Public House Table Service Restrictions Fund will provide financial support to businesses that are public houses as the most affected group by the measure to control the Omicron variant in January 2022 that table service must be introduced.
The fund is a Scottish Government fund administered by local authorities.
To be eligible for financial support through this fund, applicants must be registered as a public house. Other hospitality registered businesses, nightclubs, licenced clubs, restaurants and cafes will not be classed as eligible for this additional funding.
Applicants will need to complete an application form to apply for this funding. This will be available shortly and local authorities will make payments within 14 days of receiving an application where eligibility has been established from the data provided.
All public houses will need to confirm they meet the following eligibility criteria within their application:-
- the business has a licence to sell alcohol in an indoor setting and is registered as a public house
- the business has physical premises and the only business operating from the premises is a public house
- the business owner is the main occupier
- the business owner is responsible for paying non-domestic rates
- the business was operating as an eligible business as at 20th December 2021 and open for usual trading
The grant is a one-off payment at the rate of:-
£51,000 or below – £2,500
£51,001 or above – £5,000
Local authorities will make payments within 14 days of receiving an application where eligibility has been established from the data provided. The fund will close for applications on 11 February 2022.
For more details click here.