skip to Main Content
SLTA News And Updates 10th April

SLTA News and Updates 10th April

HMRC want to help you get ready to make a claim under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. Companies House announces plans in place to maintain services.


If you’re eligible for the Job Retention scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready when the system is up and running later this month.

You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:

  1. The bank account number and sort code you’d like us to use when we pay your claim.
  2. The name and phone number of the person in your business for us to call with any questions.
  3. Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
  4. The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
  5. The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.

If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so please speak to them now.

However, if you use a file-only agent (files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you in other matters), they won’t be able to make a claim for you and you’ll need the information listed above from them to make the claim yourself.For more detailed advice, please visit GOV.UK. This guidance is being regularly updated, so please review it frequently. You may also find this recorded webinar helpful, ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme‘, available on HMRC’s YouTube channel.

HMRC will release further information in the next few days on how and when to access the online system – please do not try to do this until further notice.


In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Companies House is closing and have plans in place to maintain services.

They announced that they were experiencing delays in processing paper forms due to the impact of COVID-19 and have asked that, where possible, businesses use their online services to help them process information as quickly as possible.

If your company cannot file accounts on time, businesses can get a 3-month extension to file accounts with Companies House.

If you think the impact of COVID-19 will cause delays in filing your company accounts, you can apply for an automatic and immediate 3-month extension. You must apply before your filing deadline.   This can be done here.

Back To Top