The Scottish Licensed Trade Association met privately with the new Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise this week to present a list of concerns for the licensed hospitality sector as we continue with the strategic framework route map out of the pandemic. The key topics raised by the Association were:-
- Overall ongoing support for the sector.
- The need for further relaxations of restrictions.
- VAT to remain on a competitive level with other EU countries indefinitely.
- Removal/postponement of Tourist Tax and Deposit Return Scheme.
- Extend Business Rates holiday until signs of business recovery and a complete review of business rates.
- Further extension of time for repayment of deferred VAT/loans.
- Availability of foreign workers.
We look forward to working with the Minister on these and a range of other issues going forward.